We continue to explain 3 different educational approaches applied in kindergartens in our country. After the Montessori Training Approach, you can find the High Scope Training Approach this week. The topic of next week is Reggio Emilia Education Approach…
As the second approach…
High Scope Training Approach:
When we look at the content of the approach…
• Ensure that children are as active as possible, and adults provide the child with maximum mobility.
• Encourages children to work in groups, so there are time periods within the high scope curriculum that allow for different group work.
• All kinds of problems can be solved by discussing and finding solutions by the students.
• One of the teacher's most important responsibilities is to engage the child in communication, so instead of asking the child instead of closed questions (yes or no questions), they encourage the child to think by asking why, why and how…
• There is a review form developed by this program to follow the students, children are examined by teachers throughout the year and their progress is recorded in this form, and the development of the child is examined by teachers and families in periods.
• In this program, there are 8 different concepts called “key experience.. Children's educators develop around these key experiences and their subtitles. Key experiences:
3. Language development and reading / writing
4. Social relations
• “Time for planning and remembering oluştur is one of the most important parts of this program. Children plan their activities before going to play or work time, and after the activity is over, they tell their friends about the activity to remember. Planning and remembering time aims to raise children's awareness of their work.
• Recovery and cleaning time are the transition periods designed to complete the activity of the child at the end of each activity and to provide the order required for the new activity. The child spends this period collecting materials and helping to clean and collect the classroom.
• There is a daily routine for children in this program. Activities take place within this routine. Thus, the child knows when to do and tries to understand the concept of time with concrete elements in his own mind.
• It has very rich classes in terms of material. The locations of the materials are designed with labels for the child to understand. This means that children can easily pick up materials and put them back in place without any problems at the time of the gathering.
• Materials are placed where children can reach and buy them on their own. So children can explore their environment by themselves.
• Different corners have been created in order to carry out different studies in the classroom. For example, a block corner, a house corner, a book corner gibi
Points specific to this approach:
“Time for planning and remembering dizayn and izle High Scope Tracking Forms için designed to monitor the development of children are the points that are specific to this program.
How do you know that a school really uses the SC HIGH SCOPE TRAINING APPROACH??
If there are studies based on key experiences, if there are planning and remembering activities and the classroom education includes a routine, we can say that or High Scope Education Approach ”is applied in this school.
Contact Idil directly