We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Around 5,000 live births worldwide are born with congenital heart disease. yet extensive research in Turkey, though, it is estimated that one in every 100 births found in congenital heart disease. Acıbadem Bakırköy Hospital Pediatric Cardiology Department Responsible Dr. Ayse Sarioglu, due to the excess of the number of babies born in Turkey in a year, one in 100 births that there is a significant proportion of cardiac anomaly was noticed.
Professor Dr. Ayşe Sarıoğlu gave the following information about which anomalies may be present in the unborn baby:
- One of the most common anomalies is congenital abnormalities in the heart and vessels in the heart.
- The heart is a four-chamber organ. There are compartments between these chambers. These compartments may have holes. We call these holes VSD and ASD.
- There are anomalies related to the vessels coming out of the heart. It may not be one of the veins. The vessels may be thin or narrow, with the outflow of the vessels reversed (transposition). This anomaly is also common. Both veins may come out of the right ventricle.
- There are valves between the atria and ventricles of the heart, problems may occur. The baby may not have a congenital heart valve.
- Stenosis may be inadequate.
- There might be blood leakage from the lid.
- The ventricles may be too small.
- The ventricles may not have developed.
- There may be problems with veins coming out of the heart.
- Stenosis may occur anywhere in the vessel.
- Veins returning from the lungs to the heart may return to the wrong places.
THE REASON OF 90 PERCENT IS UNKNOWN
90 percent of the abnormalities in the heart do not know the cause, only 10 percent of the cause of the known Professor. Dr. Ayse Sarioglu, this percentage of 10 percent in the first months of pregnancy and expectant mothers in the first months of pregnancy is effective, he said. Pointing out the importance of showing care during pregnancy before the pregnancy. Sarıoğlu said, le Therefore, we propose to expectant mothers to perform their pregnancy in a planned manner. We want them to undergo a physician's control in order to determine the risks they carry in advance ”.
WHAT ARE THE KNOWN CAUSES OF ANOMALY IN BABY?
- Diseases in the family: Congenital heart disease increases the risk of having a mother, father, aunt, and still close relatives in one of the siblings.
Infection: The first 3 months of pregnancy in the mother, a rash disease can cause these problems. Viral infections, especially known as rubella, pose a great risk for heart anomalies. Therefore, we want our young girls to be vaccinated with rubella vaccine.
- Chromosomal anomalies: Some chromosomal anomalies such as Down's syndrome have been detected, if there are anomalies called trisomy should be careful. If there is a congenital anomaly in the intestines and kidneys of the baby, if it is detected in the womb, the baby's heart may also be abnormal.
- Cigarette and alcohol use: This causes problems, especially alcohol use causes problems. Smoking also prevents the development of the baby
- Drug use: Antibiotics, some painkillers, tranquilizers, epilepsy medicines, amphetamine medication group, acne medications, insulin medications of thyroid medications do not have much effect on the baby, but thyroid medications sometimes cause hypothyroidism (insufficient functioning of the thyroid gland) problem in the baby. For this reason, diabetes and thyroid patients should perform their pregnancy in a planned manner, and should consult with obstetricians and internal medicine specialists. In the same way, it is important to regulate the use of these blood thinners because heart patients take certain medications.
- Exposure to X-rays: X-rays are damaging to babies.