We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
5 ways to cope with diarrhea in infants!
Our babies are our precious. Even the slightest damage to their hair may upset us; but babies are sensitive and easily affected by everything.
Ultimately, the womb After 9 months Adapting to the world is not so easy. Therefore, babies may face various problems. One of these problems is diarrhea in infantsd.
Diarrhea in babies?The feces of a newborn normal baby are softer and more juicy than those of us adults.
Therefore, you may find it difficult to determine whether your newborn baby has diarrhea. How do you know if your baby has diarrhea?
- Mothers normally know the faeces of their babies. Only breastfed newborn babies a day 6-7 times defecation It is normal. If your baby is defecating more than 8-10 days a day,
- If the baby's feces are enough to be absorbed by the diaper,
- If the stool has a different odor than normal,
- If vomiting occurs,
- If the fever rises,
- If appetite is reduced,
- If the poop is greener than normal and slimy,
- If there's blood in the poop
If one or more of these symptoms are present, your baby may be called diarrhea. In this case, you should see a doctor as soon as possible.Diarrhea, Excess amount of water and some minerals from the body means.
Considering that about 60% of the human body is made up of water, dehydration may cause more serious consequences. Symptoms of dehydration in your baby may be as follows;
- If your baby has started peeing less,
- If the urine color is dark yellow,
- If he's aggressive and cries all the time,
- If you have dry mouth,
- If there's any collapse in the eyes,
- If you do not cry tears,
- If the baby is weak and constantly sleepy,
- If the baby's skin has started to lose elasticity,
- If there is a collapse in the bayonet.
When you see such symptoms in your baby, you should take her to a doctor immediately. Slightly dehydrated in water sugar and salt mixture it is an effective method to meet the water need; however, the age and condition of your baby is very important here. Therefore, a doctor should be consulted first.
Causes Diarrhea in Infants?
There may be many reasons your little one has diarrhea. Causes of diarrhea in infants is as follows:
rotavirusis a type of virus that can cause infection of the intestines in infants and therefore diarrhea. Rotavirus vaccination to babies at 2-6 months of age is effective in reducing diarrhea cases with this virus.
One of the biggest mistakes made to our children non-native antibiotic It is to give. First of all, it should be repeated that antibiotics should only be used if given by the doctor.
Antibiotics, they affect bacteria, not viruses. If you do not trust the doctor you are visiting, you can also consult another doctor you trust. Antibiotics targeting bad bacteria can also affect good bacteria in our intestines. This means that if you're giving your baby antibiotics, that may be the reason for diarrhea.
Some babies may be allergic to milk. Even if the baby is breastfed, it may cause allergies to any substance in the mother's dairy products and cause diarrhea. In addition, your baby who starts to eat additional food may be allergic to any food.
It is very important for us to take care of our babies' cleanliness. Contact of the baby's feces with anything can cause parasites to pass to the baby by any means. You also wash your hands frequently; you should take care. Otherwise, these parasites become one of the causes of diarrhea in infants.Apart from these, it is given to infants with additional food. fruit juices, lactose sensitivity in infants food poisoning or ear infection infections caused by other diseases, such as diarrhea in infants.How does diarrhea pass in babies? You can watch our video.
5 ways to cope with diarrhea in infants!
Somehow your baby has had diarrhea. First of all, your baby has not yet 3 months or less, you must take to the doctor immediately.
For older babies Observed diarrhea for 12 hours, If you do not see improvement, you should take it to a doctor. In addition, if you have a milder situation, you can do things that you can cope with and prevent your baby from diarrhea:
- Firstly, diarrhea in your baby loss of fluid You should know. Therefore, your baby should take plenty of fluids. If only breastmilk or formula is fed with milk, continue feeding as such.
Never cut your baby from the breast during this time. Do not pass at this stage if it has not yet switched to solid food. Ask your doctor about this and your doctor may also tell you to give your baby an electrolyte solution.
- As long as you breastfeed your baby raw meat products, acidic beverages and prepared foods stay away. So for the health of your baby you need to eat healthy. Takes you wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly. Unfortunately, we can't be sure that the vegetables we buy most of the time are natural. Therefore, especially by washing green vegetables in vinegar water, you can remedy the negative effects of pesticides.
- If your baby has started to eat additional food banana, peach and apple diarrhea may have a positive effect on diarrhea. Besides rice porridge, mashed potatoes and custard solid foods such as diarrhea will be good. You can also give your baby yogurt. Live bacteria in yogurt are beneficial to our intestines. You can also ferment the yogurt yourself. also probiotic in kefir it will be quite beneficial for the baby.
- You should not give your baby herbal or other mixtures you hear from right to left without consulting a doctor. This way you can do more harm to your baby.
- You should wash your baby's hands frequently. As mentioned earlier, diarrhea may be caused by parasites. Although he's not the source of the baby in any case parasites is necessary. Make sure that your hands are clean and washed every time you change your baby's diaper, after bathing him, before preparing food for him and before holding him on your lap.
Change your baby often. Long-term contact with feces from diarrhea may make the situation even more difficult. This way, babies may have rash.
When changing your baby's diaper, you should make sure that the diaper is thoroughly cleaned. Especially for girls, cleaning from front to back should be done. This will prevent stool parasites from spreading to other places.
How diarrhea passes in infants and baby diarrhea what should i do if you ask; if mild diarrhea Treatment of diarrhea in infants If you take care of your baby's hygiene, nutrition and consumption of plenty of water (only if they are fed with breast milk or formula milk), your baby will recover in a short time; but if there is blood in the feces, If the frequency of defecation is too high, If you have high fever and dehydration, you should see a doctor.
Such omissions can unfortunately have bad consequences.