We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
What should I eat to increase breast milk?
Breastfeeding is one of the things that mothers think most before their baby is born. My baby will suck, milk will be enough, do not forget that the thoughts of the bond.
Although prenatal milk production starts, you may experience insufficient production or breastfeeding after birth. Especially with unexpected births, premature births and difficult births, mothers may not be able to breastfeed their babies. This causes mothers to worry.
The first thing to do in these cases, by changing the diet dairy foods and beverages is to start consuming. Are there really miraculous foods and drinks?
The Importance of Breastfeeding
The importance of breastfeeding is now being recognized by all health institutions and parents in today's world.
The great bond between the mother and the baby is reinforced by postnatal breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding provides the baby with many benefits, not only nutrients but also emotionally. When the mother wants to feel warm, scared, insecure, and upset, the first thing she seeks is to fight the hardships of the outside world.
That's why world Health Organization mainly Ministry of Health in up to 2 years support the breastfeeding of infants.
In the first 6 months there is only breast milk, but after 6 months there are additional foods besides breast milk. Strengthens immunity, vitamins and minerals contained in the development of the great contribution thanks to this miraculous nutrient babies are fed with peace of mind.Breastfeeding is practical as well as hygienic and healthy.
You feed your baby without the need to adjust the temperature and without extra expense. Therefore, the biggest fear of mothers who want to breastfeed is not being able to provide enough milk for their baby. Especially mothers who give birth for the first time may have difficulty in breastfeeding due to inexperience.
Although babies are born with the urge to suck, mothers may not be able to breastfeed as a result of some mistakes.
Care for breastfeeding!
- First called milk Colostrum, it only comes drop by drop, and after a few days, its color turns on and starts to multiply. Since your baby is more weak, it stops sucking soon. Your baby often and every breastfeed your milk channels will open more quickly and thus will be fed more easily.
Generally, mothers who see colostrum cause unnecessary nipple sores by pumping them unnecessarily by machine.
The mother who is hurt by these wounds does not want to breastfeed. The baby who does not suck is not used to the breast and cannot be fed. food supplement needs and so your milk is reduced and cut completely over time. So try to breastfeed your baby no matter what. Over time you will get used to the nipples and breastfeed easily.
- The suction power of the baby is not the same as that of the milking pump. When you milk with the machine you will see that the amount is small. Don't let this worry you. Your baby will easily absorb enough of himself.
- Another reason for breastfeeding correct breastfeeding techniques It is unknown. Infants who do not suck in a good position start wounds because they cannot fully insert the breast into their mouths and only suck the nipples. As these wounds hurt the mother again, the vicious circle mentioned above is entered. Babies get used to sucking more quickly with proper nipple care and proper breastfeeding techniques.
- Always wear clothes with a non-sweaty cotton fabric.
- You do not need to wash your breast with soap after each breastfeeding. On the contrary, this causes further cracking by drying the nipple further. Instead, you can clean it after each breastfeeding with the baby cotton that you soak in sterile water. After doing this, you should make sure that your baby's mouth is not irritated. cleaning with cotton and water note.
- Take care to keep the nipple you are cleaning moist. For this, prefer lanolin creams that do not harm your baby's mouth. These creams also prevent the formation of thrush in infants.
How is Breast Milk Formed?
It starts from the middle of the pregnancy and after birth it turns into breast milk with all its vitamins and minerals.
Thanks to the hormone prolactin secreted in the pituitary of the brain, this nutrient is produced for your baby.
It is produced in yellow and dense consistency called colostrum for a few days after birth. Even a small drop of colostrum is very valuable for your baby.
Stomach of newborn babies in the early days when one teaspoonAt the end of the first month, but reaches the size of the egg. So your baby will get enough nutrients from you if you are saturated with small amounts.
Because this useful nutrient is digested quickly and your baby's desire to be safe in your arms, he or she will want to suck all day for the first 3 months. This does not mean that your baby is not saturated. Especially not more than 2 hours in the first 40 days breastfeeding your baby is very important for health. Afterwards, if your baby does not have any negative health conditions, with the permission of your doctor, you will only be able to feed your baby at any time.
Another point to note is that the fullness rate of your breasts will decrease over time. In the first days, breasts that are not used to your baby sucking routine will be fuller enough to disturb you. After a while, your baby's needs will be produced as much as the breasts will be smaller than the first days.
This is a different situation in every woman. In some, bloating persists during breastfeeding, while in others it becomes regular after a while.
If your baby is fed enough during the day and as a result, it is saturated;
- Urine glands,
- Weight gain,
- Movements during the day,
- In general, you can measure thanks to its progress.
To increase breast milk Suggestions You can watch our video.
What can you do to increase breast milk?
Most mothers mind milk food comes; but before that, there are a few things to consider:
- Your number one rule as a new mother abundant breastfeeding should be. The more you breastfeed, the more production.
- Make sure you consume enough fluids during the day. day When consuming close to 3 liters of liquid there is a benefit. Try to avoid caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee. Please note that alcohol and smoking are at the top of the prohibited list.
- Avoid stress, insomnia and fatigue as much as possible. This is very important both for your health and the energy you will give to your baby.
- If you feel that you are experiencing difficulties with breastfeeding and discomfort such as mastitis, always consult a specialist. Learning the right breastfeeding technique will prevent both nipple wounds and produce enough nutrients for your baby.
- Do not wait for breasts to fill to breastfeed. Even if you feel empty, there will be enough milk for your baby.
- Keep your health healthy by providing diversity in your diet and allow for the production of quality milk.
- Remember, as your baby absorbs you, your vitamins and minerals will decrease. To provide healthier foods to both your baby and yourself, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and protein nutrition should never be missing. By eating all kinds of different vitamins and minerals in your body you will be stored.
- Pomegranate sherbet, halva or refined sugar added composts with high sugar content endanger your health as they will provide unnecessary sugar consumption.
- Dairy foodsshould not be eaten in moderation without doctor's advice. Remind yourself that everything is too much harm.
- Do not forget that all vegetables will work in the production of milk, but chard, kale, spinach, dill, such as dark green leafy vegetables never miss your diet.
- Carrot is a vegetable rich in vitamin A and contains phytoestrogen hence improves milk channels.
- Foods rich in vitamins and fibers such as asparagus, green zucchini and sweet potatoes are of good quality for you and your baby.
- Dairy foods Among fruits is of great importance. Fresh fruit should be your first choice since water ratios will be higher. It is beneficial to consume the fruit without forgetting that the sugar content is high. Dried fruits such as dates, dried mulberries and dried figs meet your dessert needs and make a healthy snack.
- Dried nuts, especially unroasted, consumed in raw form will be more beneficial in terms of the amount of vitamins you will get. Nuts, pistachios, almonds, walnuts and nutrients that contain high nutritional value, such as natural oil should be consumed daily.
- It is very important that you keep all kinds of legumes in your diet. Chickpeas, dried beans, lentils and red beans are rich in vegetable protein. foods that increase breast milk between. However, legumes can produce gas for mothers with a gaseous structure. Careful consumption is beneficial.
- Also take care of your daily protein consumption. Never forget the egg in the proteins you will consume like meat, chicken, turkey, fish.
- Oat is one of the nutrient source that secretes oxytocin hormone which is secreted and gives happiness while breastfeeding. You can make a solid meal by eating yoghurt, fruit and nuts at breakfast or as a snack.
- Outside of food dairy drinks By increasing your daily liquid amount by consuming, you provide plenty of nutrients to your baby. You should consult your doctor before using herbal teas, which should not be consumed in large quantities. You can increase your milk production with malt beverages sold in the markets and compotes without making sugar at home.
Dairy foods and beverages Remember that the functioning of each female body is different when consuming. Try to rest as much as possible without feeding in quantities. Spending more time with your baby, inhaling its smell, playing games and kissing will make you happy and you will feel more healthy and you will see that your milk increases. Would you like to share with us in the comments section of the food and drinks that come to you useful?