Traveling with your child in a car is actually both very easy and very difficult. It is only a matter of time before you pay attention to small details and encounter unwanted results. Therefore, before you travel with your child in your car, take your safety measures to the maximum level and prevent your child's pleasant moments with bad results.
In this article, you can find out in detail what you can do to ensure the safety of your child in the car. Enjoyable journeys already!
What can you do?
- Never carry your child on your lap during your journey.
- Make sure that your child under 13 is seated in the rear seat.
- Use a car seat suitable for your child's age and weight, you will find details about car seats below.
- Be sure to use a seat belt during your travels, set an example for your child and make your child wear a seat belt. In many countries, even in the back seat is a legal practice for both adults and children to use a seat belt, although there is no such legal practice in our country, we recommend that you pay attention to this application for the safety of you and your child.
- When traveling, be careful not to place any hazardous materials in the area in front of the rear window. With a sudden brake, they may fall into your child's head or sitting area, causing injury to your child.
- Don't forget to bring your child a bag of toys, books and cassettes to keep him entertained during the journey.
- Do not forget to buy replacement clothes, diapers, wet wipes for your child.
- During your long journeys, take a break every 2 hours and let your child move.
- Talk to your child about behavior that should not be done in the car, tell him that he should never take his arms and legs out of the window. Remember to remind your child that he must stand up while the car is in motion.
- Always activate the child safety locks of your car during journeys.
- Never leave your child alone in the car. If your child is left alone in the car and bored, it may cause the handbrake to break, burn the hand with a cigarette lighter, etc. vb
- If your child is holding a car, consult your doctor before you travel to find out if your child can take medication.
Some suggestions for car seats:
1. Your child should be transported in the form of a basket known as infant car seat up to the age of one year and mounted in the rear seat, with the base of the seat, facing the back of the seat.
2. After one year of age, you can switch to fixed seats called convertible car seats. These seats can usually be used up to 4 years. Continue installing the seat facing backwards until your child is one year old. When you turn one, turn the seat in the direction of travel of the car.
3. Use the booster seat, which increases the level of your child's seat after four years of age. This prevents the seatbelt from cutting your child's neck.
Things to consider on hot days:
- Never leave your child alone in the car, especially on hot days, you should be even more sensitive. Your child may become unconscious, paralyzed or suffocate due to excessive water loss due to the sudden rising temperature inside the car. To avoid these hazards, do not leave your child alone in the car, even for a short time.
- Have some water with your child during the journey.
- Dress your child to wear sweat and comfortable to move.
- Do not forget to use a belt for yourself and your child on hot days.
- Wear dark guards on the windows to protect them from the sun.
- Lower the temperature inside the car before your child gets into the car.
Contact Idil directly